Just got back at the studio in Italy! I have the desktop invaded by tons of pictures and materials from the last six months I spent around the world. If I survive the jet lag and to the jump from the gigantic Mexico City to our small town expect a lot of updates in the coming days.
Tons of pictures and materials from the last six months I spent around the world mean:
- The installations (1, 2) for the NOVA Festival in Sao Paulo last April.
- The workshop “Krisis” I held at the Art Academy of Urbino in May, focused on performance and diy artistic practices.
- The solo exhibition “Brucia” (3) for the ROJO Artspace Milano.
- The audiovisual concerts at the Lucania Film Festival in Pisticci and in the cloister of the Abbey of Montescaglioso early August (4).
- The illustrations I did for an exclusive collection of dishes and aprons for Cirio Alta Cucina (5).
- The exhibition of drawings “Matad Caballo Amarillo” (6, 7) currently ongoing in Mexico City at Vértigo Gallery.
- Last but not least my contributes to the Festival Drawing(a)live (8) just closed in Mexico: the live digital drawing and animation on a painting by Alfaro Siqueiros (!) at the Museum of Modern Art in Mexico City, the live digital drawing and animation for the concerts of the powerful mexican band Twin Tones, at Cultural Center of Spain in Mexico City and at Museo del Ferrocarril in Oaxaca and the workshops I held about technologies and practices for live drawing performances.
Yes, a mountain of material to organize and review.
While you wait, if you have not already done so, watch the video I directed for “Schiavi Moderni” (trans. Modern Slaves), the last single by Rhumornero. It’s my first video direction, original subject, live digital drawings, no post-production, no budget and more beautyfull crap like these. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did directing it. Let’s color this dark world, are you ready?
That’s all folk.